Monday, September 22, 2008

Tasty Tools: Bakeware - Mini Muffin Pan and Brownie Bites

Another in Joelen's ongoing Culinary Adventures is Tasty Tools: Bakeware. I chose my new mini muffin pan to make brownie muffin bites. I have been coveting a mini muffin pan for some time now, but have held off since space is at a premium in our tiny kitchen. But I was recently at Bed Bath & Beyond and what did I spy on an endcap? A mini muffin pan. It was a sign so I placed it in my shopping cart.
As for the recipe for this Adventure, I love chocolate. I love baking. I live mini anything. The brownie muffin bite is a way to combine all of these into a tasty treat.



Aren't they too cute? They are just the perfect amount of chocolate for a quick snack. To make sure I don't eat them all in one sitting, most are going into the freezer to be thawed one at a time.


Brownie Muffins


Ingredients
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon [omitted]
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup cocoa
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup sugar
2-3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional) [omitted]
chocolate chips and chopped nuts (to garnish) [omitted nuts]

Directions
Preheat oven to 350.
In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a small pot melt butter over low heat.
Add chocolate chips and cocoa while stirring constantly.
Remove from heat when chocolate chips are just about melted.
In a large bowl combine eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
Add in flour mixture and chocolate mixture alternately stirring just until blended.
DO NOT OVERMIX.
Spoon into well greased muffin tin or paper cups that have been lightly sprayed with oil. (muffins tend to stick).
Sprinkle muffins with chocolate chips.
Bake for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Print this post

2 Comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Thanks for submitting this to the Tasty Tools event! Mini muffins are such a great way to get a perfect bite of sweetness... however I find myself taking more than my share. Those mini muffins can be addictive!

shanna said...

Yum! These caught my eye in Joelen's round-up because they look so ooey-gooey chocolately!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online