Thursday, July 16, 2009

There is Always Room for (Strawberry) Pie

I love me a good fruit pie! Blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, peach and black cherry are all tasty in my eyes and stomach). So when I ran across this recipe for Old Fashioned Strawberry Pie on Rare and Beautiful Treasures, I knew that I had to try it.

I think that the key to this recipe is to make sure you place a baking sheet underneath the pie pan. The juices bubbles like CRAZY and I can only imagine that cleaning the bottom of your oven would be a project without the baking sheet.
The final result? A sweet pie that was awesome! This one didn't last long in the house with Mr. Gooch and I polishing it off within about 36 hours of it coming out of the oven. I distinctly remember Mr. Gooch asking if it would be awful to have a piece of pie with his morning coffee.
Old Fashioned Strawberry Pie

Ingredients
5 cups fresh strawberries
1 cup sugar
6 Tbls flour (or your favorite thickener)
1 pie crust (bottom and top)

Directions
Clean and prepare approximately 5 cups of strawberries, place in a large bowl
Add 1 cup sugar and 6 Tbls flour
Mix to cover completely berries in sugar and flour
Line 9 inch pie pan with bottom crust
Pour berry mixture into pie crust
Cover with crust top cut into strips or if crust is whole, cut several holes to ensure escape of steam
Bake in 425 oven for 50 minutes to an hour or until crusty is golden brown and the berries are hot and bubbling
Let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving

Print this post

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online