Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Chill in the Air Means Apples and Applesauce


I love applesauce.  I could eat it every single day, especially in the Fall.  Strange when I think about it since I am NOT a fan of cinnamon, but the slight hint in a bowl of applesauce just seems right.

This year, I decided to try to make crockpot applesauce.  After seeing and reading about how easy it was, I figured even I couldn't mess it up. 

The best part is that the recipe is all approximate amounts.  So you can increase or decrease the various ingredients as you see fit. 

 I hope your batch(es) turn out as tasty as mine.

Slow Cooker Applesauce
Source:  a combination of various internet recipes

Ingredients
8-10 cored, peeled and chopped apples
1/2 to 1 tsp cinnamon (I use only 1/2 tsp)
1/4 to 1/2 c demura sugar (I like the hint of molasses left in the sugar)  This mount varies depending on the sweetness of the apples you use.

Directions
Pour chopped apples into the slow cooker
Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over apples.
Stir to distribute sugar and cinnamon.
Turn slow cooker onto Low and cook for 8-10 hours.  (I like to cook mine overnight).

I package the applesauce into containers, freezing those that will not me consumed immediately.

Print this post

1 Comment:

Roeshel said...

I've never made apple sauce but you're right - it's the perfect time of year. I think I want to give it a shot. Thanks for sharing! ;)

Roeshel

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online