Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Balsamic Roasted Potatoes - A Tasty Twist on the Usual Potato Roast


I have said before, I love potatoes.  I think it is in my DNA (being part Irish and all).  So when I saw this recipe for Balsamic Roasted Potatoes, I just knew I had to try it.  You see, along with my love of the tuber, I am developing a deep abiding love for balsamic vinegar. 

Just one more reason why this food blogging is a great thing, it exposes you to flavors and spices you may not have experienced before.  Balsamic vinegar falls into this category.  I don't think I had ever had it before two years ago.  But then again, two years ago, I only had four recipes in my cooking repitoire (and one of those was for Tollhouse cookies). 

Back to the potatoes, I liked them...alot.  Mr. Gooch...not as much.  I do think that next time I make them, I will add some rosemary to the mix.  I just didn't think the thyme had enough punch to hold up against the balsamic. 

Balsamic Roasted Potatoes
(Source:  Proceed with Caution)
Ingredients
1.5 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, cut into small pieces
3/4 C chicken broth
1/4 C balsamic vinegar
2 tsp dried thyme
Salt and fresh grond pepper

Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In an 8-inch square baking dish, combine potatoes, broth, vinegar, garlic, thyme; season with salt and pepper.
Bake until potatoes are tender and liquid is reduced to a glaze, about 1 1/4 hours, tossing twice.

Print this post

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online