Friday, April 3, 2009

My New Potato Love - I Say It's My DNA's Fault

I love a good potato.

I love them roasted, mashed, sauteed or baked. Served with cheese, bacon, butter or herbs. Made on the grill, in the oven or on the stove top. I love Yukon Gold, Redskin and Russet. And now I have a new love. The Fingerling potato.

I saw the bag of multicolor Fingerlings at Costco and just had to buy it. I figure it must have been my Irish heritage crying out in my DNA telling me to "Eat the potatoes!!"

Once I brought them home, the questions was how to prepare them. Some I used in the Braised Herb Chicken Thighs With Potatoes and those were quite tasty but I still had plenty left.

On the drive home after a trip to Penzeys to get some more Italian Herb Blend, it hit me. Roasted with herbs, olive oils and roasted garlic salt. I could taste the goodness already. I also remember having seen an episode one of the chefs of some cooking show on PBS from years ago making a series of cuts in fingerling potatoes prior to roasting so I tried that as well. I think that the olive oil and salt were able to get into get into the cracks making these taste so wonderful.

Herb and Garlic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
(Source: the depths of my brain)
Ingredients
Fingerling potatoes
Olive Oil
Roasted Garlic Sea Salt (I purchased this at Costco)
Italian Herb Blend

Directions
Preheat oven to 350.
Wash potatoes.
Let dry slightly.
Make a series of cuts down the length of each potato about halfway through.
Place in a small bowl.
Drizzle with olive oil.
Sprinkle with roasted garlic salt.
Sprinkle generously with Italian herb blend.
Stir to coat all potatoes with olive oil, salt and herbs.
Pour onto nonstick baking sheet.
Cook for 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.

Print this post

1 Comment:

Sarah said...

Dude did you try the Twice Baked Potato Casserole?? So yummy. I made it for the in-laws and they loved it.

http://gallagherspace.blogspot.com/2009/02/twice-baked-potato-casserole.html

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online