Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Chicken, Ranch, Cheese and Crunch - Does It Get Better (WW Friendly)

I was reviewing the starred recipes in my Google Reader and came across this recipe for Parmesan Ranch Chicken on Kara's Kitchen Creations. It had all the things that I like chicken, cheese, ranch dressing and cereal. Mr. Gooch and I have discovered using corn flakes works really well to have a oven baked crispy dish (check out the WW recipe Southern "Oven Fried" Chicken to see what I mean). If this had bacon in it, it would be perfect!

Even better, it looked like with a couple tweeks, I could cut down the fat even more and make it Weight Watchers friendly. My changes are reflected in the recipe below. I also did all the computations to figure out the Weight Watchers Points. The point total for the entire dish is 32. And since we got 6 servings out of our breasts, that made it 5.5 points per serving.

Parmesan Ranch Chicken
(Modified from: Kara's Kitchen Creations)
Ingredients
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (total pre-cooked weight: 18 oz. )
3/4 cup crushed corn flakes
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Cooking Spray

Directions
Rinse chicken breasts, pat dry with paper towel and set aside.
Combine corn flakes, Parmesan cheese, and ranch dressing mix in a shallow container. Mix thoroughly.
Coat chicken with olive oil, using a basting brush to make sure chicken is completely covered. Then dredge in crumb mixture, pressing mixture onto chicken breast to ensure coverage.
Place on cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
Drizzle any leftover olive oil over the coated chicken pieces.
Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or till juices run clear.

Print this post

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi-I'm so glad you likes my chicken! It is always fun to see that other people are actually using my recipes.

And thanks for linking back to me-I appreciate it!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online