Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tasty Breakfast Casserole

Sorry, I don't have a photo of this one.

By the time I remembered to get out the camera to take the photo, the casserole had been decimated by 5 hungry people. I figured the fact that only random pieces and chunks were left was high praise from the masses.

Font size
Mr. Gooch's only complaint was that he thought it needed a bit more kick. However, the kids seemed to think it tasted just fine. So the consensus is that if I make this again for adults, I will be spicing it up a bit more.

Breakfast Casserole
(Source: Combination of various recipes and the depths of my brain)
Ingredients
Cubed bread (10 slices)
1 lb cooked sausage
small sweet onion minced
1 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese
3/4 lb ham, cubed
pepper
9 eggs, scrambled
1/2 cup skim milk

Directions
Place cubed bread in a greased 9x13 inch pan.
In a separate bowl, combine cooked sausage and onion.
Sprinkle sausage mixture over cubed bread.
Cover sausage layer with shredded cheese.
Top with cubed ham.
Scramble eggs, pepper to taste and milk then pour over entire dish.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until eggs are firm in the middle. (Note: if you make the night before add 10 minutes to the cooking time due to the casserole being cold versus room temp).

Print this post

3 Comments:

Sarah said...

I love this recipe. Its my fave to make when we have company. TJ always wants it with hamburger since he's not a sausage fan but its good with any meat.

Anonymous said...

This is a great brunch recipe.

Colleen said...

Mmm, I can just TELL this is delicious - none of those froofy veggies, just cheese and meat!!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online