Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Creation Success - Chicken Roulade

Have you ever had an idea for a recipe rolling around your head? All you know is the ingredients you want to use? Well, I had this happen. It took a few days but I finally figured it out.

I would make a chicken roulade. With that decision, I was off searching for my meat pounding mallet. Or as I was calling it that night, the meat smasher. (Picture me rummaging in the lower cabinets in our buffet unable to find sad item yelling to Mr. Gooch, who was upstairs, "did you move the meat smasher?!?" Yeah, it wasn't pretty). But ultimately, I found the smasher and proceeded to smash the tar out of the chicken breasts.

Now the recipe below is approximates. Why? Because in my haste to put this together, I totally forgot to write down any amounts. Whoops.

However, the fact remains that it was so tasty! I will definitely be making this again.

Smoked Gouda Bacon Chicken Roulade
(Source: the depths of my brain)
Ingredients
Boneless skinless chicken breasts, smashed to 1/4 inch thick
3 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled
Smoked Gouda, shredded
Penzeys Northwoods Fire spice mix (my new favorite)
Salt and Pepper
Olive oil
Nonstick cooking spray

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Using a brush, coat the chicken breast with olive oil
Season both sides with salt, pepper and Northwoods Fire spice mix
Lay flat and spread crumbled bacon and smoked Gouda cheese
Roll breast, from the small end to the wide end.
Once rolled up, secure with a toothpick.
Place seam side down on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray
Bake for 30-40 minutes, until juices run clear

Print this post

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online