Tuesday, March 10, 2009

WW Chicken Cooked with Grapes

I have always wondered about the taste of chicken and grapes recipes. Especially this one, since the seasonings are pretty minimal. But the low point count and the ease of the recipe overrode my concerns and the recipe made it into the menu plan.

I was pleasantly surprised at the results. The simmering of the grapes made them so soft and sweet. The seasoning was a bit lighter than I liked but Mr. Gooch thought that it tasted great. Great enough to ask that I make it again. In my book, that is success!!

I hope you enjoy this dish as much as Mr. Gooch did.

Weight Watchers Chicken Cooked with Grapes
(Source: WW My Turnaround Program Cookbook)
Ingredients
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs total weight)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly gound pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 pound seedless grapes, removed from the stem

Directions
Rinse and dry the chicken breasts.
Heat canola oil over medium heat in large nonstick skillet.
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Add chicken to the skillet and cook until browned on each side, approximately 5-7 minutes on each side.
Once browned, add chicken broth to the skillet bringing to a boil.
Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer until chicken finishes cooking. Approximately 10-12 minutes.
Add grapes to skillet, cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Once cooked, remove the chicken and grapes from the broth mixture, place on a platter and serve.

Servings: 4
Points: 5 per serving

Print this post

1 Comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I need to cook with grapes! I tried a dish using it with balsamic and it was delicious. This looks great too!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online