Sunday, March 22, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - It a Crockpot Week

This week things are going to work a little different in the Gooch household.

You see, I am in training all week from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm to train to be a US Census worker. That means that Mr. Gooch will be on his own for dinner for most of the week since he leaves for work before I will get home. The other bummer is that we won't really see each other again until Thursday evening. This is what happens when one spouse works days and the other works nights. We will be like 2 ships passing in the night.

So the plan is to use the crock pot for all the meals he will be eating before I get home since I can turn it on when I leave and he can eat when he needs to. He can then turn it to low and I will eat when I get home a couple of hours later. Though this does mean he will be on his own for sides. But I think he can handle it. I guess I will find out when I get home each night.

Sunday: Forage in the Fridge (FITF)
Monday: Crockpot Chicken seasoned with Northwoods Fire Seasoning from Penzeys. Mr. Gooch is off the hook with sides on this one since I am going to throw some potatoes and carrots into the pot as well.
Tuesday: FITF
Wednesday: BBQ Chicken in the crockpot (My favorite since no recipe is needed, just throw chicken and BBQ sauce in the pot and cook, shredding when done.)
Thursday: Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops
Friday: Gooch Test Kitchen (steak and sweet potato recipes)
Saturday: FITF (or out for dinner)

Here's hoping your week is full of tasty dishes.

If you are still trying to figure out your week's menu, visit www.orgjunkie.com to see what others have planned.

Print this post

1 Comment:

Colleen said...

I love the crockpot - makes life so easy! Looking forward to the recipes!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online