Thursday, March 12, 2009

Yummy Glazed Carrots

I love carrots. I could eat them every day and often I do. Usually I make dilled carrots to accompany our dinners but was serving a dish where dill wasn't quite the flavor I was looking for.

When searching my Google Reader for possible recipes, I came across a recipe for glazed carrots on Skinny Food by Amy. These would fit the bill perfectly. The fact that the recipe is Weight Watchers friendly is even better.

Easy, tasty and good for you. Does a recipe get any better?

Glazed Carrots
(Source: Real Simple)
Ingredients
1 lb baby carrots
1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 teaspoon sugar
Kosher salt

Directions
Place the carrots in a large skillet.
Dot with the butter and sprinkle with the sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Add enough cold water to come halfway up the sides of the carrots.
Simmer, partially covered, until the carrots are tender and the liquid has reduced to a glaze, about 20 minutes.
Note: If the carrots are done before this point, transfer them to a bowl, increase heat to high, and cook the liquid, uncovered, until reduced. Return the carrots to the pan and toss.

Makes 6 servings of 1 point per serving.

Print this post

1 Comment:

Amy said...

Aren't they the best? I love these carrots...so simple and tasty!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online