Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tiny Carrots in Dill Butter - A Family Favorite

I love carrots. I love them so much that when I was little, my dad would often ask if I was part rabbit.

So this recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book has been part of our veggie rotation for several years.

I love that it is quick and easy yet "jazzes" up a veggie staple. I hope you like it as much as we do.

Tiny Carrots in Dill Butter
Source: Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book (c. 1996)

Ingredients
16 oz. package (3 1/2 cups) Baby Carrots
2 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine
Dill (1 Tablespoon fresh or 1/2 Teaspoon dry)
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Pepper

Directions
In a medium sauce pan cook carrots, covered, in a small amount of boiling water about 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.

Drain. Return to carrots to saucepan.

Stir in butter/margarine, dill, lemon juice, salt and peppers, making sure to carrots are entirely coated.

Serve.

Print this post

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online