Saturday, November 22, 2008

What's Cooking Fall Gift Exchange

Have you ever had a gift exchange with someone you don't know? I am not talking about being a "Christmas Angel, " donating a Thanksgiving dinner or giving a toy to Toys for Tots. I mean, when you are part of an online group or other organization where the members don't know each other in real life.

Well, until this year, I never had. But that has all changed. On the What's Cooking Community Board I frequent on The Nest, a fall gift exchange was arranged via Elfster. (What a neat web tool that is).

A dollar limit was set ($25), everyone was matched, you could post gift ideas and then you sent off your gift while waiting for your to arrive.

Well, I can tell you I was so excited to get my box on the front porch. The fact it was from Crate & Barrel was an added bonus. I big pink puffy heart Crate & Barrel.

FayeD, who was matched with me, sent three great items. An item I wanted; an item from her location; and an item she has and loves. The items were (in order) a dough scraper; Black Olive Spread and magnetic measuring spoons.

I can't wait to try them all out.

Thank you again FayeD!! Hope you have a happy holiday season.

Print this post

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online