Tuesday, November 4, 2008

TWD: Rugelach

photo source: Wikipedia

This week on Tuesdays with Dorie, the group is making Rugelach (on pages 150 and 151 in Baking: From My Home to Yours).

Selected by Piggy of Piggy’s Cooking Journal, Rugelach is a Jewish pastry of Ashkenazic origin. The name is a Yiddish diminutive form of the Hebrew, רוגלית (roglìt), meaning "creeping vine," perhaps because of the rolled-up shape of the cookie.

It can be made with a cream cheese dough (like the version in the book), though the dough is more typically pareve (no dairy ingredients), so that it can be eaten with or after a meat meal and still be kosher. The different fillings can include raisins, walnuts, cinnamon, chocolate, marzipan, poppy seed, or apricot preserves which are rolled up inside.

Sounds good right? I bet you are wondering why I have all this info on Rugelach and I don't have my own photo and review of the recipe.

Well, my schedule got away from me this weekend and I didn't have time to make this recipe. I am excited for Kugelhopf next week and Mr. Gooch is aquiver with anticipation of the rice puddings.

Make sure to visit Tuesdays with Dorie to see other bakers results, reviews and modifications of this week's recipe.

Print this post

2 Comments:

marae said...

ha ha at first i was like wow her rugelach looks amazing!!! nice photo though and you should try it sometime, it's pretty tasty.

chocolatechic said...

Great job.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online