Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Friend Favorite from Mr. White: BBQ Salmon

**This post is the first of what will be an ongoing series of posts highlighting favorite recipes of friends and family.**

I love salmon. I could probably eat it every day. Now, Mr. Gooch isn't as much a fan since salmon has a fishier taste than some other types of fish. But when Mr. White, Mr. Gooch's closest friend and Best Man, made this recipe, he was hooked as well. The marinade has just enough heat without being to causing your lips to burn and the citrus flavors are a nice balance.

When we made this Tuesday night, I had to make a small change. I didn't have any OJ left so I used 2 Tablespoons of lime juice instead of the 1/4 Cup OJ. I don't think it affected the taste much as it was still so good.
And I think this would work well with chicken as well.

Barbecue Salmon
Ingredients
1/4 cup orange juice (I used 2 T lime juice instead)
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
4 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. salt
Pinch cayenne pepper
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, about 1-inch thick

Directions
In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt, and cayenne.

Marinate salmon in the orange juice mixture for 20 minutes to an hour.

Place fillets on a hot grill. (I made the fillets in the oven, preheated to 350 degrees)

Barbecue for 15 minutes, coating occasionally with marinade, until a fork can be easily inserted into the salmon. (Fillets baked in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes)

Print this post

1 Comment:

ErinsFoodFiles said...

I love salmon too!! I've made something similar to this, but I think I'm going to try out this recipe! I've got some salmon in the freezer!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online