Monday, November 3, 2008

Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce

During a recent trip to a neighboring village, we stopped into an olive oil and vinegar tasting shop. While we didn't get any olive oil or vinegar, I did get a bottle of chimichurri sauce. At that time, I had no idea what dish I would use it for.

Fast forward two months and I am trying to figure out what to make for dinner. During a rummage through our pantries, I find the bottle of chimichurri sauce. Eureka!

I marinated the flank steak with about 3/4 cup of sauce for approximately 6 hours.

The steak was then grilled, over low heat, for about 20-25 minutes. Make sure to regularly apply extra marinade to keep the meat moist.

Sliced across the grain and served with crashed potatoes and a salad, we will definitely be making this dish again.

Print this post

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! That looks so good!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online