Sunday, October 26, 2008

We Crashed, Into The Pioneer Woman's Potatoes

I have been hearing about The Pioneer Woman's Crashed Potatoes on my cooking board for months now. Some raved, some thought they were so-so. We are ravers.

Though I do think that we would not have been such fans if the 'tatoes were made exactly as the recipe calls. As always, I had to doctor them up a bit and think that was the trick. My changes are in italics in the directions.

Mr. Gooch said these can definitely be added to the rotation of sides.

Crashed Potatoes

Ingredients
Red Skin Potatoes
Olive Oil
Seasoned Sea Salt
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Garlic Powder
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Italian Seasoning

Directions
Begin by bringing a pot of salted water to a boil.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make, and cook them until they’re fork-tender.

Generously drizzle olive oil on a sheet pan. (I skipped this step since I have a non-stick baking sheet)

When the potatoes are tender, place them on the cookie sheet, giving them plenty of room to spread out.

Using a potato masher, gently press down on the potato until it slightly mashed. (I actually used a meat tenderizing hammer since I use a ricer to make mashed potatoes.) Rotate the masher 90 degrees and finish flattening it. Of course, you don’t want to absolutely smash it into the pan—you want it almost to resemble a cookie. (I only mashed once since I wanted them a bit chunky). Repeat until all are flattened.

Brush the tops rather generously with olive oil. (I just drizzled the Olive Oil over the tops)

Season with Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper and top with fresh herbs. (I topped with a seasoned sea salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, Italian Seasoning instead).

Place baking sheet onto the top rack of a very hot oven, and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until they’re golden and crispy and sizzling.

Print this post

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online