Sunday, October 26, 2008

Parsley, Basil and Oregano - Oh My!

This week I harvested the last of the herbs in my garden. I still had a ton of parsley, basil and oregano.
After making two big batches of pesto and putting it in the freezer, I still had the parsley and oregano to deal with. Since the house is for sale, I couldn't leave trays of herbs all over the house drying for days so I had to find out another option.
Through several Google searches I found that if you freeze parsley, it doesn't loose its flavor and if you act quick enough, the frozen parsley will crumble into little pieces that can be added to recipes. That sounded good to me. So the two quart size bags of frozen parsley will get put to good use all winter long. I love Google.
Google was also the source for info what to do with the oregano. Who knew that if you froze oregano it would make stripping the leaves off easier? Not me before I started. But that is really the case. So now I have a good quantity of oregano to add to sauces and other Italian recipes.
The best part is that I know all my herbs were grown without a single pesticide. Holy cow, I guess that makes me an organic gardener. Yeah for me!

Print this post

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online