Sunday, October 12, 2008

Homemade Pizza - I May Never Go Back to Storebought

Inspired by the creation of my homemade pizza sauce and the recent purchase of a pizza stone, I knew that I had to make some pizza dough so Mr. Gooch and I could have a little pizza party.


Hitting the Google Reader, I found a recipe for Drunken Pizza Dough on Lynsey Lou's blog. I liked the idea of using wine in the dough and it turned out to be fabulous tasting. I split the dough to make 4 smaller pizzas. I guess they would be considered personal size.
I made two versions of our personal pizzas. The first was chicken sausage with the tomato sauce, the second was chicken sausage with BBQ sauce. Both were amazingly tasty though the BBQ was my favorite.


I can say for sure this will be made again. I already have the smoked Gouda to be used for next time.

Personal Pizzas

Ingredients
Pizza Sauce or BBQ Sauce
Drunken Pizza Dough (click for recipe) - split into 4 balls
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - I used low fat
Andouille Chicken Sausage - thinly sliced
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Roll out pizza into desired thickness
Spread sauce
Place sliced sausage on sauce
cover with cheese
bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly

Print this post

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online