Tuesday, October 28, 2008

TWD: Chocolate-Chocolate Brownies

This week's Tuesdays with Dorie*** recipe was Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes (page 215-217 in the fabulously delicious cookbook "Baking: From My Home to Yours") was selected by Clara of I Heart Food4Thought.

When I saw the title of this recipe I was thrilled. I LOVE chocolate. My husband can tell you that it could be considered my downfall. This recipe had it all: cocoa powder, melted chocolate, chocolate ganache frosting. My mouth watered just looking at the picture in the book.

I was so pleased with my results. What I mean is, I was thrilled with results of the cupcake photo shoot. It shows the shininess of the frosting and makes the cupcake look so tempting. The cake stand that has been in my husband's family for years event looks great.

The reality of the cupcake taste was less thrilling. They were dry. I had seen some of the comments on the Tuesdays with Dorie blog and so made sure to thoroughly cream the butter and watched the time in the oven. Neither of these things seemed to help. This was the first of the TWD recipes that I wasn't thrilled with. But that is what make this group so nice, I know that next week we will move onto something totally new.

Please note: the dryness didn't stop my husband and I from eating them all. We managed to polish them off in just two days.

***If you are interested in joining Tuesdays with Dorie, DO SO QUICKLY. No new members will be accepted after October 31.***

Print this post

8 Comments:

Amanda said...

Awww sorry about the results :( I saw the comments too so I reduced the cooking time and that seemed to work for mine. I was really pleased with them. I've added you to my blogroll so I don't miss anymore goodies!

Christine said...

Mine were dry to but I forgot to add the buttermilk! Your cupcakes look beautiful and I love your cake stand!

Jules Someone said...

Bummer that they were dry. They look lovely!

CB said...

Love the cake stand. Bummer your cupcakes came out dry but Thanks for baking with me this week!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Mumsy said...

Sorry they were dry. At least they look pretty though. :)

Laura said...

Great photo - that ganache is perfectly shiny! Sorry yours came out dry - I thought they were good, but not great.

Katrina said...

Dry seems to be the theme of these cupcakes. Bummer. But you're right, we still ate them! Your chocolate topping does look shiny and great photo.

Bungalow Barbara said...

Oh, too bad they weren't perfect -- but glad you enjoyed them anyway.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online