Sunday, October 12, 2008

Finally Falafel

For the last few months I have been craving falafel. The crispy crunchy spiciness has called out to me. The problem: the local grocery didn't have any and the thought of making what I thought was a complicated recipe from scratch was too daunting. So my falafel dreams would have to wait.

Then it hit me. The store that I don't allow myself to go into because I would end of spending our e-fund on organic fruit and veggies should have falafel mix. You know what store I am talking about. Yup, that's the one...Whole Foods. Surprisingly, even WF had only one brand of mix and it wasn't even organic. Weird.

So I was on my way to tasty falafel treats. To compliment the accompaniments, I made a cucumber yogurt dill sauce. It was the cool sauce was the perfect addition to the warm falafel.

Cucumber Yogurt Dill Sauce
Ingredients
1 cup plain fat-free yogurt

½ cucumber - peeled, seeded, and finely chopped

1 teaspoon dried dill weed

1 clove garlic (pressed)
salt and pepper to taste

1 tablespoon mayonnaise
(I omitted this since I didn't have any in the fridge)
Dash of lemon juice, to taste (just to add a but of acid)

Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.

Print this post

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online