Monday, October 6, 2008

A Ms. Gooch Creation - Salmon with Lime Lake Shore Drive Seasoning Marinade

As part of my recent acquisition of a number of spices. mixes, rubs and blends from Penzeys and The Spice House, I secured a jar of Lake Shore Drive Seasoning from The Spice House. This is a great blend that contains shallots, dried green peppers, chives, salts and peppers.

I made a marinade for salmon fillets from this blend by mixing it with olive oil and lime juice. I then let the fillets marinate for about 1 hour or so.

Holy crap!! This was totally tasty. It was so good that I did not get a photo of the finished product before it was consumed. Maybe next time, since this will definitely be repeated.

I am pretty proud of myself since it is usually Mr. Gooch who creates the marinades from various ingredients making the tasty dish.

Lake Shore Drive Marinade (for salmon)
Ingredients
2 1/2 Tablespoon Lake Shore Drive Blend
3 Cup Olive Oil
4 Tablespoons Lime Juice
2 6 Oz. Salmon Fillets

Directions
Place salmon fillets into a Ziploc bag and pour 3/4 of the mixture over the fillets, seal bag and place in fridge.
Reserve about 1/4 of the mixture to use for basting the salmon during baking/grilling to keep it moist.

Print this post

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online