Monday, November 24, 2008

TWD: Arborio Rice Pudding

***I can't believe I screwed up. I had a draft of my TWD post ready to go last Tuesday and put in the wrong date to post. Ugh! This is what happens when I don't put things in my Outlook Calendar.***


This week on Tuesdays with Dorie, the recipe for Arborio Rice Pudding (found on pages 412-413 of Baking: From my Home to Yours) was selected by Isabelle of Les gourmandises d’Isa. Visit her blog to get this week's recipe.

First I have to say that I didn't actually eat this week's recipe. I don't like rice pudding. Mr. Gooch is another story, however. He was so excited to find out I was going to be making one of his favorite desserts. Since his favorite flavors is vanilla, that is the only version I made. Add a little cinnamon and, according to Mr. Gooch, you have a perfect finish to a meal.

Having never made rice pudding before, I couldn't tell you how it compares to others, but it did seem to take FOREVER for the milk to thicken. And even after I don't even know how long, it still wasn't that thick.

But I would make it again since Mr. Gooch seemed to enjoy it.

Print this post

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online