Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pasta with Smoked Salmon in Cream Sauce



I love salmon. I love it so much I could probably eat it every single day.  I love it for dinner.  I love it for lunch.  I love it for breakfast.  I love it baked, grilled, raw and smoked.  With all that, you would think that this recipe was right up my alley.  And it was, sort of.

We made this for dinner and while it was tasty, it is quite light.  More suited for lunch or maybe a dish to add to a Sunday brunch buffet.  I would make it again, just not for dinner.  I would probably add just a bit more parm cheese, to help thicken the sauce.

Pasta with Smoked Salmon in Cream Sauce
(Source:  The Best Ever 3 & 4 Ingredient Cookbook)
Ingredients
6 oz (give or take) smoked salmon, cut into small strips
12 oz pasta
3/4 c cream
1/4 c Parmesan cheese
1/4 to 1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 Tbs butter
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Cook pasta according to direction.
In a separate large saucepan, melt the butter.
Once the butter is melted, stir in the cream and heat without letting it boil.
Add 1/3 of the smoked salmon strips and heat through.
Add Parm cheese.
Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
Drain pasta.
Place in large serving bowl and pour cream and salmon mixture over top.
Add rest of smoked salmon and dried thyme.
Toss lightly to coat.
Sprinkle with Parn cheese and serve.

Print this post

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online