Sunday, December 21, 2008

Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Oh my. My recent love affair with the sweet potato continues with this recipe. You see, I had never had a sweet potato before Mr. Gooch came into my life. Well, other than a taste of what I remember to be a sickly sweet pie at some point. This slightly savory version of the baked sweet potato is right up my alley. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

This recipe for thyme roasted sweet potatoes from Epicurious.com is right up my alley.

Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Source: Epicurious.com

Ingredients
4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch-thick rounds (I cut mine thinner and into half rounds)
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup fresh thyme leaves, plus 6 thyme sprigs for garnish (I used 5 teaspoons of dried thyme)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I added a bit more since I like a little heat)
Directions
Preheat oven to 450°F.
In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and toss.
Arrange potato slices in single layer on heavyweight rimmed baking sheet or in 13x9-inch baking dish.
Place on top rack of oven and roast until tender and slightly browned, about 40 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with thyme sprigs.

Print this post

1 Comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Mmm - this looks wonderful and a savory flavor for sweet potatoes!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online