Tuesday, December 23, 2008

TWD: Real Buttersctoch Pudding

The recipe for this week is Real Butterscotch Pudding (found on page 386 of Baking: From My Home to Yours) was selected by Donna of Spatulas, Corkscrews & Suitcases. Mr. Gooch was very excited to have me make this recipe. You see, friends of our had come to visit and had left behind some single malt scotch so we had all the ingredients on hand.

All the ingredients came together well, but it did make a mess. Apparently my food processor was not large enough and liquid leaked out. I also thought that the back and forth with the food processor that was a bit of a pain, mainly due to it leaking after every switcharoo. (Sidenote: I can't wait until Santa brings me an immersion blender for Christmas.) It smelled good simmering in the pan and had a great color making you think of butterscotch or caramel.

However, the recipe was a half fail. I say half because the pudding didn't set...AT ALL. It was just a thick cream consistency. However, it tasted amazing. So we ended up using the half-fail cream like a sauce over french vanilla ice cream. (Thus the photo at the top of this post.) It was very yummy. The perfect way to end a meal.

Print this post

5 Comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I love that there is a recipe for homemade butterscotch pudding!

Danielle said...

I am sorry yours didnt set up. I didnt use the food processor I thought it was to much work and I am lazy!! It sounds like it made a great topping for ice cream I bet its great over chocolate ice cream YUMMMMM

Anonymous said...

I was worried about whether mine would set or not (it did!), but while we were waiting to find out I decided it wouldn't even matter -- it was so delicious that we'd drink it with a spoon if we had to!

Jules Someone said...

Glad it turned out ok in the end!

Anonymous said...

YUM! Your pudding looks so creamy and good!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online