Friday, January 2, 2009

The 2009 "List of Resolutions"

I have always thought of New Year's Resolutions as somewhat useless. Mainly because I have a habit of making two kinds of resolutions.

The first is the type I know I will have no problem achieving. These include reading more books without being specific, paying more attention to world events, spending more time with Mr. Gooch and family. These are too easy.

The second is the type I know I have no chance of fulfilling. These usually include promises of getting up early to work out (when I am sooooo not a morning person) or that I will work out every day. These types also often involve losing unreasonable amounts of weight in unreasonable amounts of time. You know the type I am talking about. I think everyone makes this second type at some point.

But I have resolved (pun intended) that this year will be different. I limited my resolutions to no more than ten and tried to be realistic with those selected.

So here is my "List of Resolutions" for 2009.
1. Read 1 nonfiction book a month
2. Read 1 fiction book a month
3. Work out for 30 minutes at least three times a week
4. Blog at least three times a week
5. Blog about one craft project a month
6. Try at least 2 new cooking related recipes a week
7. Try at least 2 new baking related recipes a month
8. Clean and organize the basement by the end of January*

There will be a couple of finance related resolutions too but these will have to come later once we have a better idea on the house situation and the move.

I don't think that these are too unreasonable. Don't you agree? I will keep you posted on how things are going as the year progresses.

Here's hoping that everyone keeps their resolutions this year!

*The last one has actually been on my To Do list for several months but I thought if I added it to the "List of Resolutions" it may actually get done.

Print this post

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good list to me! Happy New Year

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online