Saturday, January 24, 2009

Friend Favorite from Ms. Fort - Chardonney Dill Sauce

One weekday afternoon, my good friend Ms. Fort came over for dinner with Mr. Gooch and I. Our only request was she bring with her a recipe for me to blog about. She brought a recipe from a friend of hers to serve over fish, chicken or shrimp.

Ms. Fort and I have been friends for year now, she was even in my wedding. How we met is a crazy story and just one more reason I believe in the whole "Six Degrees of Separation" theory. We met while we were both working for the same company in Chicago. While working at a Firm event, we got to talking about where we grew up. Turns out we both were from Michigan. As we talked more, we found out that we both lived in the same town for several years. Then as we discussed our families and where our families lived, we figured out that when she was little, her parents were friends with my aunt and uncle. They all lived on the same street, which was the same street my grandparents lived on. There is even a chance we played together as little kids. Talk about weird. We always ask ourselves what are the odds that in a city of millions, with hundreds of thousands of companies, we would end up working at the same company that employed thousands, helping out at the same event and start talking about where we were from?

OK, now back to the recipe. We made this to serve over a Parmesan breaded Tilapia.

It was so easy and came together without incident. The only complaint was that the mustard flavor was a bit strong (though I liked the flavor) and it would be better with shrimp (too bad fro Mr. Gooch that I don't eat shellfish).

We will definitely make this again. I have a feeling it will be tasty over chicken too.

Chardonnay Dill Sauce
(source: Steve Kovachevich)
Ingredients
1/2 cup Stoneground Mustard
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
2 Tbs Chardonnay Wine
2 Tbs Cider Vinegar
2 Tbs Granulated Sugar
1/2 Tsp Dill Weed
1/8 Tsp Black Pepper

Directions
Combine all ingredients and mix well.

Refrigerate to let flavors blend.

Serve over fish, chicken or shrimp.

Print this post

2 Comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Yum! What a versatile great sauce to use!

Kate said...

Oooh I love dill. This sounds so good!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online