Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!! And the Year in Review!

As 2008 drew to a close and 2009 began, I knew it was time to reflect on the past year. We had some big changes (I changed jobs), big plans in the making (putting the house on the market to move back to my home state) and big doings in the kitchen (I actually cook and bake on a regular basis now). I think it has all been pretty good for us this year.

I thought that one way of looking back would be to highlight big events of the last year and to pick some of my favorite blog posts.

Special Events from 2008
January: We try to survive another Chicagoland winter (brrrr!)
February: Mr. Gooch celebrates a birthday
March: Mr. Gooch starts driving for a postal contractor company
April: The kids come to stay for Spring Break
May: Must have been pretty quiet, I can't think of anything of note
June: I leave my job at the law firm
July: Blogging begins in earnest and Mr. Gooch starts training at a Mixed Martial Arts gym
August: We decide to move back to my home state and work in overdrive to get the house ready
September: The house goes on the market
October: Mr. Gooch and I celebrate our first anniversary
November: Heading to North Carolina for my cousin's wedding and I host Thanksgiving for the first time (and my birthday month)
December: Getting ready for the DIY Christmas with homemade and handcrafted goodies

Favorite Blog Posts
June: My very first post A New Beginning
July: Mr. Gooch Cooks (Multi-Veggie Caprese Salad)
August: More Yum Yum - Blueberry Ice Cream
September: Joelen's Culinary Adventures: Food Network Chef Adventure - Salmon with Puff Pastry and Pesto
November: It's a DIY Christmas - Tile Coasters (the post with the most hits for the year)
December: Creamy Cheesecake - Compliments of Ina G

While we look back at the past year with its ups and downs as well as lots of smooth sailing, Mr. Gooch and I are even more excited about the adventures that 2009 will bring.

I hope you all have a happy, healthy and exciting 2009!!

Print this post

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice review! Happy New Year!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Great review and I look forward to more About a Bit of Everything in 2009!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online