Friday, January 2, 2009

Its a DIY Christmas - Homemade Doggie Treats

In the midst of this year's baking, truffle rolling, spoon dipping, coaster making - I didn't want to forget our four legged friends this holiday season.

So when I was sent a recipe for homemade dog treats (Thank you Sarah!!) I knew that I had to whip up a batch for Kaiser, my brother's dog, and Hank, my Mother-in-Law's dog.

These turned out great. I love that there are so limited ingredients and they come together so quickly.

Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Source: WC Board friend Sarah G. (original source is unknown)
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Milk
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
In one bowl, combine dry ingredients.
In another bowl, combine milk and peanut butter.
Mix dry ingredients into the wet, making sure to mix completely.
I rolled the treats into small round balls and pressed flat once they were on the cookie sheet.
The treats do not expand much so you only need to leave about 1/2 inch between them.
Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Store in an airtight container.

Print this post

4 Comments:

Carrie said...

I want to make homemade treats for our pup! I will have to try these.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you tried them! My pups love them. Any time I make cookies they think I am making these. I've lost a lot of sugar cookie dough over this.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

You've got some lucky dogs who must love you! What a great treat for Kaiser & Hank!

gaga said...

Awww, what lucky puppies! They look good enough for people too, haha.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online