Saturday, August 16, 2008

Blueberries, Blueberries, Blueberries

I love summertime. I especially love late summer when the various fruits come into season. Blueberries are one of my favorites and I love to make blueberry muffins. I could eat a blueberry muffin each and every day of the week. After gorging myself on muffins made with the first two tubs of blueberries purchased this season, I started looking for other blueberry related recipes that weren't pie and would not be greatly impacted by not including cinnamon (which I really don't like).

I found a great blueberry coffee cake recipe on http://www.recipeland.com/. It was so easy and so tasty!


Blueberry Coffee Cake

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Ready to Serve in: 60 minutes (includes cooling time)


Ingredients:
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
2 large eggs
2 cups flour, all-purpose
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
2 cups blueberries*
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour, all-purpose
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (omitted)
1/4 cup butter

Directions:
Cream first 2 ingredients together.
Add eggs.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt together, and add alternately with milk.
Stir in berries.
Spread into a well-buttered 9x12-inch pan.
Blend the last 4 ingredients, and sprinkle on top.
Bake at 375 degrees 25 to 30 minutes.
*Frozen berries may be used. Be sure to rinse and pat dry before blending them into the batter or the juice will turn the batter blue. (Most of a 12 oz. bag makes 2 cups.)

Print this post

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online