Friday, August 22, 2008

Even More Yum Yum - Peach Ice Cream

The farmer's market had gorgeous peaches this past weekend. So I got a several quarts so I could make several peach-based recipes. These include peach ice cream, peach BBQ (posted earlier), and grilled peaches (also poster earlier.)

The ice cream is very creamy. It reminds me a bit of a peach creamsicle. Mr. Gooch proclaimed this to be almost as good as the blueberry ice cream I made earlier this month.

My only criticism is that I wish it was a bit peachier. Maybe a sorbet would be as peachy as I want. So I guess that means that I need to add peach sorbet to my list of recipes to track down. Look for an update in the near future.

Peach Ice Cream

Ingredients

3 eggs, beaten
1 3/4 cups white sugar
5 fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup half-and-half cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

In large bowl, mix together eggs and sugar until smooth; puree peaches in blender or food processor and stir puree into egg mixture. Stir in cream, half-and-half, vanilla and salt and mix well.

Pour mixture into freezer canister of ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.

This amount filled just a bit more than 2 large cottage cheese containers.

Print this post

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I LOVE peaches and ice cream and this looks fantastic! It must have so much ripe peach flavor!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online