Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Peach BBQ Sauce

When one of my friends found out that I was spending more time cooking and baking, she sent me this recipe for peach BBQ sauce. Actually, I think that she was so shocked that when I asked her if she had any good recipes, she just blurted out "Peach BBQ Sauce." You see, before I got married and moved to the 'burbs, I was the queen of delivery and take out. I had a stack of 50+ menus that I flipped through to choose my dinner, if I even ate at home. So the thought of me baking and cooking is a stretch for many that know me.

But when she sent me the recipe and I thought about the combination of the sweetness of the peaches and the spiciness of the more traditional BBQ components of the sauce, I knew I had to try it.

This recipe is one of her family's favorites, from their farm days. According to my friend, she and her sisters were the "laborers" of the family - picking all the fruits and veggies. Once they were done, their mom made this recipe and they had BBQ on the grill.

So off to the farmer's market I went to get the peaches. They just have a better taste than the ones I have gotten at the grocery.

We used the sauce on chicken breasts. They were really tasty.

The only change I would make is to add some heat since the sweetness and spiciness are already in the sauce with chili powder and/or cumin. Look for an update once Mr. Gooch and I doctor up the sauce next time.

Peach BBQ Sauce

Keeps in the fridge for weeks. Easy to can for gifts. Great with ribs, chicken, pork chops on the grill. Also used for roasted, pulled pork or beef.

Ingredients
16 oz. Can Drained Sliced Peaches (Can double this recipe and used a quart of home canned peaches)
½ Cup Brown Sugar
¼ Cup Ketchup
¼ Cup Vinegar (wine, white, cider) [I used cider vinegar]
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 Clove Garlic – crushed
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Ground Ginger or Mustard (can use 1 Tbsp table mustard if no ground) [I used a spicy brown table mustard]
Dash of Pepper

Directions
Puree all ingredients together in blender [I used my food processor]

I put the sauce in a glass jar for storage and let the flavors mingle overnight.

Print this post

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online