Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Chicken with Homemade Pesto

Monday night we had chicken with homemade pesto and pasta.


We ended up with this menu choice because we both got sidetracked in figuring out what to have for dinner. When 3 pm rolled around and neither of us had a clue, it was off to the freezer in the basement to see what meat we had "in stock." While we had several options, I went with the boneless skinless chicken breast. They are very versatile. As I was opening the door to the freezer I had remembered that our basil plant had gone a bit crazy and needed to be cut back.

Presto, we would have pesto!

I used a recipe I posted earlier for the pesto. (scroll down for the recipe).

For the chicken I didn't have a real recipe. I received, at some point, a number of spice mixes from "Tastefully Simple" so thought I would use those.


Ingredients
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
3 Cloves Pressed Garlic
1 Tablespoon Italian Blend Seasonings from Tastefully Simple
1/2 Tablespoon Seasoned Salt from Tastefully Simple
1 Tablespoon Dried Tomato and Garlic Pesto Mix from Tastefully Simple
grated Parmesan cheese for garnish

Directions
Cube 2 chicken breasts into small pieces.

Heat up skillet and add olive oil and garlic. Saute the garlic for about 30 seconds then added the cubed chicken.

Add spices and cook until done.

When serving, instead of mixing the chicken in with the pesto pasta, it was placed in a separate bowl so portion control was easier.




Print this post

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online