Monday, September 29, 2008

Blueberry Muffins and Strawberry Minibreads



The last two items included in the September Baking Extravaganza gift bags for Mr. Gooch's mother and grandmother were blueberry muffins and strawberry mini breads. After realizing that I wasn't going to be able to make my usual favorite version since I didn't have enough plain yogurt in the fridge, I went searching for another version.

I found this recipe from Made With Love. In her version she used raspberries, the recipe called for blueberries so I figured I would be OK also using strawberries. Turns out I was right.

For the muffins, I followed the recipe closely but added more fruit.

For the strawberry mini breads, I substituted strawberries, put the batter into 4 mini-loaf pans and baked until the center
tested done with a toothpick, about 30 minutes.


Maxine's Blueberry Muffins
INGREDIENTS:
2 cups AP flour

1 cu
p sugar
1 Tblsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cup milk

1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)

1 beaten eggs

1 cup blueberries (or strawberries)

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl

Then add milk, melted butter and the beaten eggs.

Mix just until all is incorporated, be sure not overmix!!

Gently stir in the berries.

Pour into lined or sprayed muffin tins, sprinkle tops with coarse pearl sugar

Bake for approximately 20 minutes,or until golden brown and center tests done with a toothpick.

Print this post

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online