Sunday, September 7, 2008

A New Range - Oh the Happiness!!

As you know, we have been without a functioning oven for about three weeks now. The new range we ordered was supposed to have been delivered over a week ago, but Sears decided that they were not going to honor the original delivery date. Sometimes the deals you get from the Big Box stores come with a price. But all was not lost, today was the new delivery date. To my way of thinking, the delivery couldn't come soon enough.


It is just beautiful. Don't you think? OK, it is pretty basic and looks almost the same as the one it replaced. But to me it is as beautiful as a Wolf 5 burner range right now. That feeling will soon leave me, I know, but for now it is making me forget my kitchen envy towards anyone with a kitchen that can hold more than one person.

Also, as a result of my oven-less existence, I have been having baking withdrawal. Making dinner has been more problematic as well. Do you know how many tasty sounding recipes involve baking/broiling/browning something in the oven? Too many for me to count.

Another high point that is a result of the new range is my being able to participate in Tuesdays with Dorie. The recipe this week is a cookie that incorporates one of my favorite candies, the Whopper. Look for a blog update later this week letting you know how they turn out.

Oh, the happiness!

Print this post

2 Comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Yay for big kitchen toys! Enjoy your new range and I look forward to all the delicious things you'll be making & posting!

Anonymous said...

Sears is the worst, I had to wait over 3 weeks for them to come fix my refrigerator!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online