Tuesday, September 9, 2008

On a Roll - Another PW Muffin "Fig's Cheese Muffins"

With the success of the PW blueberry muffins and the ease of making muffins, I decided to try another recipe from thepioneerwoman.com. This time, I made another contest winner Cheese Muffins. I figured that if it was good enough to win a contest, it was good enogh for me.

Additionally, I am now constantly in search of items to add to the rotation for dinners now that we are eating in. I thought that a cheese muffin instead of garlic bread or a roll would be nice. And I think it will go well with the marinated flank steak planned for tonight.

I think however, the next time I make these I will use a cheese with a bit more bit, like sharp cheddar to really bring out the cheese flavor.


PW Cheese Muffins

Ingredients
1 1/2 C flour (I used 1 cup all purpose and 1/2 cup whole wheat)
1 1/2 T sugar
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
3 cups shredded co-jack cheese
1 C milk
1 egg
1/4 C (1/2 stick) melted butter (like PW, I used salted)

Directions
Whisk together dry ingredients, then stir in cheese.

In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, and butter together.

Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.

Bake in greased muffin tins at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Print this post

1 Comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Ooh, another PW recipe I need to try! I'm a cheese lover so I'm sure I'd love these :)

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online