Monday, September 29, 2008

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - A Husband Pleaser

Mr. Gooch loves the oatmeal raisin cookie. I, on the other hand, am indifferent. They are good, but I would not cross the street to get them.

However, as part of September Baking Madness, I decided to make Mr. Gooch (and his mom and grandma) his favorite cookie.

Not sure which recipe would be best, I went with the recipe developed by the people that make the oats. The Quaker Oats Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookie.

Mr. Gooch declared the cookies "delicious!" That is good enough for me to keep this in the recipe book for the next 50 years.

Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Ingredients
1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional) [I included the salt]
3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked) [I used quick oats]
1 cup raisins [I used yellow raisins]

Directions
Heat oven to 350°F.

In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars until creamy.

Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.

Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.

Add oats and raisins; mix well.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.

Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack.

Cool completely. Store tightly covered.

Print this post

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online