Monday, September 22, 2008

Happiness is A New Apron for Cheap!!

Happiness is a new apron. OK, in reality happiness would be something involving chocolate but chocolate and an hot iron do not mix.


I was perusing the One Pretty Thing site and came across the easiest instructions for an apron on the blog modobject. Even I, unable to sew a straight line, was able to create a cute new apron from a pillowcase from my closet, ribbon from the $1 bin at Michael's and the iron-on adhesive for less than $3.

I took a pillowcase that had a plaid on it (allowing me to easily line up the ribbons). Due to the width of the ribbon, I attached 2 to the apron.

I ironed on the adhesive according to directions, then attached the ribbon.

It was so easy.

And ended up with a darn cute apron at the end. I think I will be making more of these pillowcase aprons. Think florals would be nice?

Print this post

1 Comment:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Aww, that turned out super cute! I love it! It's such a great project, especially for all those great bed linens I fall in love with but can't use. The pillowcases are usually affordable, and now I have a new way to use them!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online