Thursday, September 11, 2008

Joelen's Tea Party Adventure - Chocolate Chip Biscotti

Another cooking adventure for this month courtesy of Joelen's Culinary Adventures is the Tea Party Adventure.

I like tea but give me a good cup of coffee any day. So at an english tea party, I would be the one asking for the skinny vanilla latte. What goes great with a latte? Biscotti. Since I had been wanting to make chocolate chip biscotti for a while now, I thought this was a prime time to make it happen.

I ended up modifying a recipe I found on Cooks.com.

Chocolate Chip Biscotti


Ingredients
1/2 c. butter, room temperature
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips (I used half milk chocolate and half semi-sweet chocolate)

Directions
Combine butter, sugar and eggs, mixing well.
Beat in vanilla.
Combine dry ingredients.
Add to egg mixture.
Add chocolate chips.
Batter will be very stiff and sticky.

Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
With floured hands, divide the dough in 2 loaves about 12 inches long (like French bread).
Place loaves on 10 x 14 inch sheet, leaving at least 3 inches between.
Flatten each loaf slightly, evenly.

Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, or firm to the touch.
Remove.
Cool slightly; lower oven to 375 degrees.

While still warm, slice loaves in diagonal slices, about 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick.
Arrange on ungreased sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, or until firm.
Do not brown.

Print this post

1 Comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I remember trying biscotti for the very first time and when I realized how easy they were to make, I was so excited! Your biscotti look wonderful and I especially like how you used both milk & semi sweet chocolate chips! Thank you for participating in the tea party blogging event too!! :)

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online