Tuesday, September 30, 2008

TWD: Creme Brulee

This week with Tuesday's With Dorie, Mari from Mevrouw Cupcake selected Creme Brulee and my husband was thrilled. Creme Brulee is one of his favorite desserts. I, however, have not been a huge fan.

That may be changing as a result of this recipe, which I found to be quite tasty. This version was smooth, creamy and vanilla-y and not at all like the stiffer versions I have tried in several restaurants. Mr. Gooch was both impressed at the results and looking forward to his next serving.

Logistically, the ingredients came together quickly and easily, and the directions were clear and easy to follow. Here are my little brulees ready to go into the oven.

My only problem with it was the cooking time. It needed to cook for much longer than the 50-60 minutes in the directions. I am not even sure how long it look as I stopped keeping track after 80 minutes.

Print this post

13 Comments:

Marthe said...

Welcome to TWD!! Your Crème Brûlée looks delicious. Mine cooked for exactly 60 minutes, but I did use slightly smaller ramekins.

Anonymous said...

Your first TWD post looks delicious. I can almost hear that satisfying crack of the sugar under a spoon!

Welcome to Tuesdays with Dorie. I'm fairly new and am so impressed with how talented and friendly the other group members are!

Audrey said...

Welcome to TWD! Your creme brulee looks delicious.

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Welcome to TWD! I had the same problem but figured it was my oven and turned up the heat. Looks delicious!

Prudy said...

Welcome! Congrats on your first TWD.

Rachel said...

Your creme brulee looks delicious! Welcome to TWD!

CM said...

Glad they turned out for you- I had issues with the baking time too.
Char

Anonymous said...

Welcome to TWD! I think I used the same dishes for mine.

Flourchild said...

Welcome and Congrats on your first dish..I love the looks of your brulee. I chose to rewind and try the snicker bars...they were great.

Mari said...

Welcome to TWD! I'm glad to have assisted Dorie in making you a crème brûlée convert!

Unknown said...

Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to TWD. My first official week was last week. It looks like we have the same creme brulee dishes. :)

spike. said...

I'm glad this recipe changed your thoughts on cb!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online